November 26, 2012

You wonder why...



The same scenario plays out over and over..

A whispered "I love you"
Followed by "why"

That why used to make me flinch inside

Feel like I had to prove my love

Now I see its just your way.. Probably your kid poking at me trying to get a reaction

Or maybe you really wonder why

I don't know and it doesn't matter

What matters is that you know

You really know how much you mean to me

It's not the things you do

It's not the things you don't do

It's just you

And me

And together we create a beautiful mysterious light that no one can deny

I think the key is that we each found our own lights first

But together they are like mirrors bouncing off of each other creating an infinite reflection of acceptance and grace

What a gift

Thank you

Thank you for all the sacrifices you
made to get to me

Thank you for being true to the man you knew you could be

Thank you for growing with me this past year and showing me how good things could be

And thank you for making me soup. It's a little thing that meant so much to me.

I love you baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment