July 3, 2012

What I’ m Listening to These Days…




A few weeks ago I found a vintage stereo cabinet on craigslist and decided to call it my own. I had no idea how much fun I would have with it or much less how much the boys would enjoy it. I found a few records here and there at thrift stores and Gardners. I had forgotten how nice it is to listen to entire album from start to finish. I think so many of us these days have our playlists and let them bounce from song to song. But so many albums truly have a story to tell if you listen from start to finish. I am enjoying it immensely. Another big surprise about the cabinet is that it actually had an input jack so that I can plug my iphone into it as well. The sound coming through the old tube speakers is fantastic and I can’t get over how good it makes me feel. It takes me back to when I was a kid. Music was a big part of growing up and my mom had a huge record collection. I told her about my new baby and she offered to let me borrow that very same collection! I am beyond excited to go back and listen to those albums that taught me to appreciate music and soothed my soul from so long ago. Fleetwood, the Beatles, the Eagles, Saturday Night Fever, ah yes.. can’t wait.

I have also run across a few artists that are new to me lately. Their music seems to speak right to my soul. Some songs bring comfort, some entice me to drive forever and some taunt me to step out of the comfort of my life even if it is just for a few moments as I listen to their words and melody.

So here are a few of the songs playing through my home lately. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


Whiskeytown – Everything I do

The Staves – Mexico


Doobies – Listen to the Music

Avett Brothers – Head full of doubt, Road Full of Promise (love love love this)

Ryan Adams – Come pick me up and Wonderwall 

Wings – Silly Love Songs

Jose Gonzalez – heartbeats

Harry Manx – something of your grace

Genesis – In the Air Tonight

Fleetwood – Songbird

Elton – Rocketman

David Ramirez – Fires (also on repeat)

Cat Power – Wonderwall

Bread – Guitar Man

No comments:

Post a Comment