June 20, 2012

Manifesting Serendipity

Jewel from the gate of the art studio

 The past month I have been reading a book by Wayne Dyer on manifesting your future. The basic premise has been told in many ways by many authors. I do believe that "you get what you BELIEVE you are going to get". I have watched it unfold in positive and negative ways through so many people in my life including myself. It seems like when I'm thinking positively, grateful and clear in my desires some force bigger than me seems to step in and help me out. I have also seen what happens when I allow myself to sit in misery and depression. The world  spins out of control and I end up wanting off the ride for good. 

I had a little minor surgery on Monday morning and I tried putting these principles into practice for it. I told myself that I would probably need Monday to recover from the anesthesia and meds, but that my body would bounce back quickly and I'd be good as new within a day or two. It worked. I was even able to run 3 miles today without a problem. I think the truth behind the principle is two fold. When we believe something is going to happen, our actions change and we make choices based on that belief. And then of course I also think that mysterious force I referred to earlier steps in and helps out too. That's the part I can't put my finger on, but I'm ok with that in the grand scheme of things.

So all of this had me pondering today. I think I need to spend some time focusing on what I really want in my life. If you were to ask me I would probably just stare at you with a blank face. Because while I think I know, it's all a hazy vague idea that floats around inside my noggin. I know that the clearer I can be in my desires and beliefs, the sooner and easier they will take place in my life. The one thing I know I want more of is serendipity, especially with human connection. I love it, love it, love it when I follow my heart and do something that seems odd or strange and because of it, meet someone new that becomes a good friend. I believe you can't have enough human connection in your life, it's what I believe life is all about.

Today we had our second photo shoot with the meetup group downtown and I totally had a serendipitous meetup. We were shooting this cool little alley and the owner came out to open the gate for us so we could get better shots. She owns an art studio there and invited us all in to look around. I knew the minute I met her that she will be a friend. She also invited us to an open house for artists Friday evening with live music and free food and drinks. More things I love and some of my new friends from the meetup group may join too. 

I feel blessed and clear today and extremely grateful for the gifts in my life. Life really is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment